Email Forwarders (Redirects)
- I want to receive my email on Yahoo! or Gmail – I don’t like webmail.
- Yahoo! and Gmail provide the ability for users to access other email accounts while still using the Yahoo! or Gmail service. Here are some links to the Yahoo! and Gmail pages that explain how to set the email accounts up.
- Setup for Yahoo! – http://help.yahoo.com/tutorials/mmail/mmail/mm_accessother2.html
- Setup for Gmail – http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=21288
- *NOTE – DNA does not provide support for issues relating to connecting to your inbox using these methods.
Quick checklist for having Gmail not leave a copy of messages on your webmail server:
- Login to Gmail
- Click the little round wheel icon on the top right corner, then click on “Mail Settings”
- Click Accounts and then scroll down to the heading that says “Get mail from other accounts:” or “Check mail using POP3:”
- Next to the “email@example.com”, click “edit info”
- From the window that opens, make sure the box next to “Leave a copy of retreived message on the server” is unchecked. If it’s checked, uncheck it, then click “Save Changes” below.
This will make sure your email isn’t being stored on the server, so it should never fill up. (If you don’t check this box the server will store all messages and your e-mail will eventually shut down from exceeding the mailbox quota).