Social Media: How To Create A Facebook URL For Pages
If you are a Facebook user and have created a page for your business/band/whatever, you know doubt have wondered how to create a nice URL to advertise. For example, http://www.facebook.com/dnawebagency instead of http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rogue-River-OR/DNA-Web-Agency/98583526026 which is much easier to advertise and remember.
- You must have a Facebook account.
- You must go to this URL once you’re account is created: http://www.facebook.com/username
- The www.facebook.com/username page will tell you that your username has already been set (Assuming you have set one)
- IMPORTANT – Just under the yellow box that tells you your username is already set, there is a link that says “Set a username for your Pages.” Click this link.
- Now you will see a select box come up, select the page you want to create a username for.
- Type in the username and push the button to check the availability.
- Facebook will warn you about transferring ownership to another person, etc.
- Once you have confirmed with Facebook your username should be set
Now you can access your Facebook Page from www.facebook.com/companynamehere!
Ours is: http://www.facebook.com/dnawebagency
If you need further assistance with this, we’d be glad to setup your Facebook pages or Account for you. Click here for more information on our Social Media services.